Monday, 25 July 2011

All things WEDDING!

 
I thought about starting this blog during the build up to the wedding, and am glad that I chose not to. It could possibly have turned into a very boring account of what every bride goes through in the build up, and possibly not been the choice of many friends or blog readers. I must say I found most of my colours/decor and ideas on Wedding blogs, but these ladies have done such wonderful jobs, I just am glad that I chose to wait a little.

Over the last couple of months I had mentioned a couple of times I would like to begin a blog. I am an avid reader of many blogs now (especially my overseas mates and find it a great way to keep up to date with their lives). Not quite sure of my "theme" or intention of starting one... it was a good friend of mine who eventually helped me find my thoughts and what I would start to chat about. My number one goal for the blog is primarily to be a memory bank for my personal terrible memory. Those that know me well will know what I mean when I say - I just have a terrible memory, and sometimes find the only way I do "jog" it every now and then is through seeing photos.

As Lyns, my sister is now flying her way around the world, this will be for those friends and family who are interested in our lives and the goings on but are too far for a quick phone call and detailed accounts of our trips..... and lastly it will also be fun to get some tips on good resturants, great experiences we have had on our journeys, and those MUST see spots. Marc and I tend not to do the usual "touristy" thing when we are out and about, so this might just be a good place for you to see what we really do when we are away (eat and drink would probably be the main priority :) )

So that brings me to "DESTINATIONS OF THE DESPLACES". Marc and I love traveling (as i am sure very many if not everyone I know would say the same.) We also enjoy live sporting events, concerts and generally any event happening in town or the greater RSA that we can go and enjoy and experience.

So.. this blog is going to be about just that, and also a visual experience of some of the cool pics we have taken on our journeys. I recently got an awesome bridge camera  (baby steps to a full blown SLR) and have started to enjoy taking photo's and trying to explore the creative side of my brain which I believe needs some work!

The wedding and all photos and such will be on a seperate tab on the top of this page, which I will also keep updating until I am totally up to date with all the pictures and fun times I can add there.

Happy reading to you all, and please feel free to leave comments and help me on my journey and writing... and yes, please point out those spelling errors... I need to improve on that front!

No comments:

Post a Comment